Ski Swap and AGM
Saturday November 2nd 2019
Schedule of Events
9:30 – 11:30am: Drop off Gently Used Ski Gear
11:30 – Noon: Eat Delicious Chili
Noon – 1pm: AGM open to the public
1pm – 3pm: Buy Gently Used Ski Gear
(people who attended the AGM get first access to ski gear at 1pm
3pm-3:30pm: Pick up any unsold gear. Leftover gear will be donated to local thrift stores.
The only way we can host a successful ski swap is with many volunteers pitching in.
We need people to help with set-up, take down, cooking chili, serving at the kitchen, bake sales, etc.
Thanks for your help! Please choose as many roles as you can assist with. To volunteer click on this link.
For any questions, please contact John Andres at 250-203-9654
Two Special Resolutions Notice for the 2018 AGM
This notice contains wording of two Special Resolutions for your consideration at the AGM, and background information about the proposed Special Resolutions. See Special Resolutions below.
Members are requested to review the following information as the Strathcona Nordics Ski Club (SNSC) undergoes the transition to the new Societies Act, as required by the BC Societies Act. The purpose of the transition is to move our society’s bylaws and constitution onto the new electronic filing system
The transition process requires that the Constitution be a separate document containing only the name of the club, and the purposes of the Club, and that provisions for dissolution of the society be moved from the Constitution to the Bylaws.
As the SNSC constitution and bylaws had not been reviewed since the inception of the Club in 1999, it was decided by the Board of Directors, to undergo a thorough review and updating of the Bylaws.
Click on the highlighted text to see the following four documents:
1. The text of the 2018 Special Resolutions to be voted on at the AGM on November 3, 2018
2. The new 2018 Constitution - containing only the name of the society and the purposes of the society, exactly as written in the original constitution in 1999.
3. The Proposed new Bylaws of the Society:
4. The original 1999 Bylaws of the Society
Changes to the Bylaws are extensive. Note especially:
1. Part 1 and 3.5 concerning Special Resolutions, especially the 2/3 threshold is required to be stated.
2. Changes to the AGM Quorum - Article 16 in the old, and 3.9 in the new
3. Directors Eligibility 4.3 - required to clarify a decision that directors must be 18 years of age or older.
4. Sections have been added on 3.17 Participation in the general meeting by telephone or other communications medium, 5.9 In-Camera Meetings, 7.2 Signing Authority, 7.5 Investment, 7.7 Access to Records, 8.1, 8.2 Indemnification, 9. Dissolution of the Society 10. Amendment of Bylaws, 11 Adoption of Bylaws
Information about the Transition process can be found by clicking here and Transition FAQ's can be found by clicking here. If you have any questions or comments concerning the transition process, the special resolutions or the proposed Bylaws, please contact Marilyn Atkinson by email or 250-338-9345, before the annual general meeting.